Wednesday, November 15, 2006

His creation speaks for itself


In the past several years my love for the Adirondack Mountains has grown considerably. In the northeastern region of the Adirondack State Park there are 46 high peaks, each rising at least 4,000 feet above sea level. I have made it my goal to hike to the tops of these peaks. As I continue on this journey I seek to learn more about myself, nature and the one who made these majestic lands.

I have already gone several times to this wilderness area and I have found solitude and escape from the outside world. Basic needs such as food, water, and shelter are of the importance there. Life becomes simple in the mountains and in my opinion life is better when it is simplified. The minuet details of existence fade away in the beauty of high mountains, roaring rivers and quiet valleys.

Some question why I would want to climb all 46 peaks. It is not to gain the approval of other hikers, friends or family. It is a personal goal that I would like to prove to myself that I can do. Also it is to help me better appreciate the beauty of God’s astonishing creation. As I soak in what God has made I become closer to Him and I am more apt to acknowledge His lordship in my life.

Some take it a step farther and ask why I go to the woods in the first place. In my estimation there are many great lessons to be learned in the wilds. You can learn everything from basic survival skills to finding how far your body can take you. God teaches you to depend solely on Him as you push your body to the brink of exhaustion. Also, there are very little distractions in the woods. I have found that the only distraction is my own self. I simply can choose to ignore God and to follow my own course. It is difficult to ignore the presents of God because creation cries His name. It is hard to deny that there is a God when you are standing on top of one of the high peaks on clear sunny day. As you can see for miles you begin to realize that this artwork is not of man. The hands of God crafted the very mountains, rivers and valleys that you are gazing at. At that very moment you are captivated by the sites and sounds of nature. You are brought into the sanctuary of the King. The God of creation deserves our praise and adoration. His creation speaks for itself.

"Whenever we go to the mountains we find more then we seek"
John Muir

"The lands of the state, now owned or hereafter acquired, constituting the forest preserve as now fixed by law, shall be forever kept as wild forest lands. They shall not be leased, sold or exchanged, or be taken by any corporation, public or private, nor shall the timber thereon be sold, removed or destroyed."
New York State Constitution

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's time you wrote again.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here high-summit.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Here is a fact for you. Recent Research indicates that nearly 80% of all U.S. grownups are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

girls fucking dog sex stories said...

I love you son, but Mommy cant be nursing you whenever you want. Thank heavens I was able to teach him to stop tearing at my nipples bythe time he was four.
adult sex stories gay interracial ero
free incest stories pics
erotic bodybuilder stories
brother and sister taboo stories
read erotic stories online for free
I love you son, but Mommy cant be nursing you whenever you want. Thank heavens I was able to teach him to stop tearing at my nipples bythe time he was four.