Monday, November 06, 2006

Cancer


I recently found out that my close friend and mentor Paul Hogan was diagnosed with cancer. The word cancer means so many things to so many people; Most of those things are negative and rightly so. I feel great sadness today and I feel somewhat helpless because of where I am and my circumstances. A man who has helped me through the trials of life is about to face a very large one himself. How can I help? Even though his particular cancer may be curable through chemo or surgery my heart feels heavy for him and his family. Why is it that the people around me seem to be suffering? Why is it that I was handed good genes? I keep thinking that I need to do something… I need to use my somewhat healthy life to help others… I pray that God would point me to the area in which I can be used by Him to people who suffer from Cancer.

No comments: