Thursday, July 06, 2006

Over-rated


For many years I have been interested in the NBA draft. I've decided this year that the draft is overrated. The only good thing was that David Sternmade a rule that you have to be over 19 years of age to enter the draft. So because of that rule we didn't see any high school boys walking across the big stage the other night. They will have to go to college for a few years and then walk across the big stage and earn millions. Maybe then they can pay off their college loans if they have any, I feel real bad for them. I'm a little miffed that G-Mac didn't get drafted, I mean I would have picked him in the top five at least... did anyone watch the Big East Tournament this year? Who wouldn't want another undersized guard who can shoot, isn't the NBA full of those guys? And what’s up with Kevin Pittsnogle not getting drafted? There are a lot of quality players that were left out of the draft this year who will either sign up for free agency or the WNBA. Why is it that some guy from Italy gets picked number one? Maybe I should move to a foreign country and play basketball for a little while and enter the draft. Then I can get to the NBA and be the next huge embarrassing failure like this guy is going to. Sorry that was a little harsh. But really what are the chances that this guy is going to be any good at all? It ain't gonna happen. I don't see the big deal with guys like LaMarcus Aldridge and Tyrus Thomas... why do they get to go ahead of Adam Morrison and Randy Foye. The whole thing is confusing to me; there is no method to the guys who are picking these players. Adam Morrison at least has a chance to be a star... a lot of the time they pick players because they have potential. Tell me something should a league that fires their coaches after one season for not performing be picking a player for his potential? If they want instant results why not pick a player that is more refined like Morrison, Foye or G-Mac?

No comments: