Monday, June 19, 2006

Why does the USA stink at soccer?

I believe that the United States has some of the best athletes in the world. So why is it we can't get it strait when it comes to soccer? Maybe its because our student athletes are focused on other sports like basketball, baseball, and football. It seems as though other countries are focused on one thing... soccer. Maybe it is because the potential to earn a lot of money is not found through the path of soccer. So therefore parents of student athletes want their children to play one of the big three. I do believe the USA has only one way to go in soccer and that is up. They can only get better. Slowly the United States will establish itself as a powerhouse in the world of soccer because the USA has never quite at anything. They may not rival the strong European teams for a while but they will come to the forefront eventually. I do not believe the USA will dominate the sport for a very long time because the world is so much farther ahead of us in both talent and technique. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Matt Boyer said...

Go USA!!! PREKI SUCK! CHOO SUCKS PREKI!!

Beat Ghana! by a whole freakin lot!!

Matt Boyer said...

UNBELIEVABLE!! USA IS TERRIBLE!! I can't believe I rearranged my schedule to watch that debacle. You know, I haven't played soccer on a regular basis since college but I'm pretty sure that if you want to score goals, you have to aim for the net! Did USA forget that?? McBride and Donovan -- you can have em. Give me Freddie Adu, at least he can put the ball ON NET!!