Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The head-butt heard around the world


One of my favorite players in this year's World Cup Zinedine Zidane lead his team on an amazing run to the finals. Zidane is often seen a as calm and cool guy who can deliver the ball to anyone at any time. During the last minutes of the final game of his career he lost his cool and stunned a nation. He retaliated to a Marco Materazzi comment and head-butted him in the chest. A shocking moment for French fans and Zidane fans around the world. Zidane does have a temper that flares up at times but nothing like this. Even though I am half Italian I was pulling for France because Zidane and his heady play. (no pun intended) He seemed to own the field in the games against Spain, Brazil, and Portugal. He made the plays when he had to however he took himself out of the most important game.

2 comments:

Matt Boyer said...

I was shocked as well! But, in all honesty, with all of the wimpy play, fake dives, and crying in the game, his act only made me a bigger fan! We need more players like Zidane to toughen up this game. As long as games are officiated and played to cater to these wussie fakers the sport will never grow in popularity with the American public! (Ok, maybe we can't have everybody head-butting each other, but you can see my point, right?)

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can reveal that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the fall publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=audio damage replicant 1.0.3 vst mac ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you procure not used. Or you use the black methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg