Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Vacuum- Clogged or Clinging?

My wife and I decided to do some spring cleaning this past Saturday afternoon. I started off cleaning the bathrooms and when I was finished I decided to vacuum at my wife's counsel. I realized right away the vacuum was not sucking properly, it would suck something up and spit it back out again. I also knew there was a problem because no dust or crap was collecting in the see through container attached to the vacuum. (light bulbgoes on) After getting mad at the thing and throwing a cat toy at it I decided I needed to try to fix the problem myself. With a limited supply of tools I decided I needed something long and bendable... how about a coat hanger! So I began to probe the tube where I thought the problem was and I was soon pulling out wonderful treasures unknown to mankind. The amount of filth in that tube was not only nasty by incredible to me. What started as a minor clog had built over time to be something that would take over the whole machine and cause it not to work correctly. It would also cause its owner a great deal of frustration and stress. Needless to say I was able to unclog the mess and finish the job much to my delight. That led me to the question does our owner (God) get frustrated with us because of our clogged and messed up lives? I'd like to think He is patience with us. The Lord is gracious, slow to anger, rich in love, he is good to us. I'm clinging to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What he failed to tell you is that he chose to fix the blessed vacuum cleaner in the middle of our main walkway in our apartment and his dear wife never complained! She instead was very happy to have him cleaning with her :)Thanks Babe