Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Answering a question with a question

What is up with people answering a question with a question? That just drives me crazy! This seems to be a growing trend in our culture and work life. It seems like I can never get my questions answered in a timely way. I think it is more about not committing to an answer because if that answer is wrong then that person might look bad. I'm interested to here what you think out there. Do people do this to you? Do you answer questions with questions? Do you feel like you are on the TV show "Whose line is it anyway"?

2 comments:

Amy and Andrew said...

Do you think we should answer questions with questions?

Tads said...

I think only if it leads to a solution... so many times I have found that if you answer and question with a question you go down unwanted rabbit trails in meetings. Now that I work in a church I'm an expert in rabbit trails.