Friday, June 01, 2007

Spelling Bee winner- Evan O’dorney

Congratulations Evan! I was actually interested as I watched the national spelling bee last night. The reason I was interest was because of the pressure on these 7th and 8th graders to spell in front of a national audience. Evan, who is a musician and math wiz, was calm and cool and as a result he walked away with the national championship. It’s not that the others were bad spellers; it’s probably that they cracked under pressure. I’m sure I would do the same! It is emotional to see kid after kid spell incorrectly and go over and sit with their parents; I felt for them at times and I identified with them at times. These kids are giving there all with butterflies in there stomachs and nervous twitches all around. I salute you spelling bee contestants!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Did you ever watch Spellbound? It is hilarious! It's this documentary that follows the story of like 5 different contestants in some spelling bee. There are some very interesting characters. If you enjoyed watching the spelling bee the other night, you would love Spellbound.

Tads said...

I'll check it out! Things are going well, we just painted our living room and kitchen. Things look so different when you put paint on the walls!